Copyright (c) © (copr) 1997 all rights reserved by TJH Internet
SP and Earth Operations Central. All comments are strictly my unsupported
opinion unless based upon promotional blurb extracted from the websites
linked herein. This is by no means an exhaustive nor definitive list, and no
particular recommendation nor assurance of solvency or utility is to be
inferred from a listing herein.
Please see the Medical Image Frequently-Asked Questions
Medical Technology Vendors
- Abbott Laboratories. Huge, and
very innovative. From Dr. Abbott's original invention of "dosimetric
granules" the firm has grown to become a leading provider of pharmaceuticals,
diagnostic aids, nutritionals, etc.
- Acuson, Inc. Makers of medical
ultrasound imaging systems.
- Analogic Corporation. Computed
Tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI, NMRI), Ultrasound and
other digital imaging. Also, they do analog-digital conversion, data
telephony, and test-and-measurement.
- Applied Medical Informatics, Inc.
They make medical software and information systems.
- BaxterHealth Care products.
- Beckman Instruments, Inc.
Biomedical/chemical-analysis instrumentation and systems. They have an
- Behring Diagnostics
"a division of
Hoechst, is an important competitor in
worldwide immunodiagnostics, serum protein analysis, and coagulation.
Behring Diagnostics, through Hoechst, completed its acquisition of Syva Co.,
on June 30, 1995, to form the expanded Behring Diagnostics global business,
with headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany. Behring Diagnostics, Inc., the
legal entity of Behring Diagnostics in the United States, is the leader is
drugs-of-abuse testing in the US and is located in San Jose, California.
- BioHorizons. Primarily Dental implant
technology and oral medicine.
- Boehringer Mannheim
- Bristol-Myers Squibb. Pharmaceuticals, among
- Canon USA
has a range of ocular imaging systems for retinal examinations.
- SIMS Deltec " is
a world leader in the manufacture of devices used in infusion therapy. Our
CADD® ambulatory infusion pumps and PORT-A-CATH® implantable access systems
are used in areas such as chemotherapy, pain management, antibiotic therapy
and parenteral nutrition. "
- Genentech, Inc. Who ya wanna mutate
today? Hey! Be kind to your neighbors, even though they be transgenic
chimerae. Don't forget to Take a Bite of Biotech
before you leave. Ack, not that one, that was experimental. Um, you
- General Health System. A
nice selection of links, if evidently mostly in-house.
- GenSci Regeneration Sciences, Inc.
GenSci's corporate vision is to be the leading biotech provider of new
generation osteoinductive technologies.
- HBO & Co, a heathcare solutions
company that provides medical technology, especially information systems.
- HealthCare Compare. Not yet
functional, I'll check back in a bit.
- Hoechst - Division
Pharmaceuticals. One of the three largest pharmaceutical manufacturers
in the world, their product list looks like a who's who of modern medicine.
- Johnson & Johnson."Johnson & Johnson, with approximately 89,500 employees, is the
world's largest and most comprehensive manufacturer of health care products
serving the consumer, pharmaceutical, diagnostics and professional markets.
Johnson & Johnson has 170 operating companies in 50 countries around the
world, selling products in more than 175 countries "
- Kaiser Permanente Southern
Health Imaging. A huge array of photographic and imaging products are
produced by Kodak, and they have a wide variety of medical imaging systems
and image-management systems.
- Eli Lilly & Company.
- McKesson Corp a provider of
healthcare products and services to pharmacies, healthcare organizations and
hospitals in the US and in Canada.
- MedComm, Inc., "world-wide medical
communications." They claim to be filtering the internet for the medical
profession, which might or might not be a good idea. They do have an
excellent online-medical resources
- Medtronic, Inc. Makers of
implantable pacemakers, cardiac replacement valves,
implantable-drug-delivery systems, etc. They also were the pioneers of
screw-in transvenous leads for pacemaker electrodes.
- Merck. Includes online Merck
- Millipore Corporation. Makers
of filtration devices for the medical, chemical and biological laboratory community, they have
some of the finest filtration equipment on the market.
- Pfizer. Pharmaceuticals.
- Pharmaceutical Product Development,
Inc. "Nobody gets medicine into the system faster." Pharmaceutical
- Picker. Very large distributor of
radiological supplies and accessories. Also service and technology
management, medical imaging and interpretation systems.
- Philips Medical Systems.
X-Ray, Computed Tomography, etc.
- Roche, the pharmaceutical giant.
- Toshiba America Medical Systems,
- United Health Care.
- Go to the Business MetaIndex Page.
- Visit the Computing MetaIndex Page.
- Visit the Sciences MetaIndex Page.
- Visit the Earth Operations Central District Office.
Try a Glimpse HTTP Search
(searches HTML content).
- Go back to the main EarthOps Homepage.