Copyright (c) copr 1996, 1997 all rights reserved TJH Internet
SP and Earth Operations Central, with the exception of publicly-mounted
images whose copyrights are retained by their originators. Transmission or rebroadcast to any
non-Internet media, including radio or television, are expressly prohibited
except by arrangement. Each unauthorized retransmission to non-Internet
media will be billed at a minimum of $10,000 per instance, payable to TJH
All comments are strictly my unsupported opinion unless based upon
promotional blurb extracted from the websites linked herein. This is by no
means an exhaustive nor definitive list, and no particular recommendation
nor assurance of solvency or utility is to be inferred from a listing
United States Legal References &
Laws and Reference | Law-Enforcement
Try Law Gurus.
- United States Federal Courts.
Coming soon, the option to search the databases of
decisions in cases.
- The Federal Judicial Center is the
federal courts' agency for research and continuing education, "to further
the development and adoption of improved judicial administration" in the
courts of the United States (28 U.S.C. § 620(a))".
- US Court of Appeals, 5th
- The U.S. House of Representatives
Internet Law Library. Lots of laws.
- Cornell Law's Legal
- Constitutions, Statutes, and Codes from Cornell Law.
- Legal Material - By Source
- 5 USC Sec. 552
(1993). The Privacy Act, and references to it. My favorite section of US
Law, after the Constitution.
- Kentlaw Legal Domain Network
- Law.Net homepage.
Non-US Legal Reference &
- LOVDATA CELEX
- This is a Norwegian/European Community equivalent to Nexis/Lexis. Points
to European Community legal information!
I have no idea why I have these links, but they're fairly interesting.
- Police Agencies on the Web
- Cecil Greek's Criminal Justice Page
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Some pretty interesting tidbits are available here.
- Criminal Records
Information Management and Exchange System, (CRIMES) from Telos
- National Institute of Justice.
- US Federal Bureau of Prisons.
- US Department of Justice.
- Office of Justice Programs,
- High Technology Crime Investigation
Association. This site has a very eclectic set of links to all sorts of
high-tech and legal/law-enforcement sites and issues.
- Police Technology
Articles from the International Association of Chiefs of Police.
- AG Communications
JusticeTrax (tm) system for evidence inventory and forensic
Coming soon! Police Equipment & Technologies.
TechSystems has the SECURES system which detects and locates gunfire to
direct police response.