Copyright (c) (copr) all rights reserved by TJH Internet SP and
Earth Operations Central. All comments are strictly my unsupported opinion
unless based upon promotional blurb extracted from the websites linked
herein. This is by no means an exhaustive nor definitive list, and no particular
recommendation nor assurance of solvency, accuracy or utility is to be inferred from a
Many of the entries here are duplicated on the
Academic Associations Page. This page concentrates
more on scientific professional associations within working endeavors, such
as industry-technology associations.
Associations of Science and Technology Workers
See also: the Medical
- American Association for the Advancement
of Science. This is a good jump-off point.
- American Chemical Society. " The American Chemical Society was founded in 1876 and is a
not-for-profit organization. It is the world's largest scientific society
and has a membership of over 151,000 chemists and chemical engineers. The
American Chemical Society was chartered by a 1937 Act of the U.S. Congress.
The Society is recognized as a world leader in fostering scientific
education and research, and promoting public understanding of science.
- American Mathematical Society. If
you are into mathematics, this is the place for you! Links and resources
- Applied Science Technologists
& Technicians of British Columbia.
- Association of American Medical
- Association for Computing Machinery.
- Founded in 1947, ACM is the world's first educational and scientific
- Association for Women in
Science. This organization deserves your support, as does its
membership. Does anyone besides me remember Madame Curie?
- Chemical Manufacturers
Association. "Founded in 1872 and is one of the oldest
trade associations in North America. CMA sponsors Responsible CareŽ, the
industry's commitment to the public to continuously improve its health,
safety and environmental performance. It also serves as the focal point for
the chemical industry's collective action on legislative, regulatory and
legal matters at the international, national and state levels. "
- European Physical
- International Association of Electrical and Electronic
Engineers. These are the people who make things work.
- Optical Society of America. Fiber
Optics, laser energy, lensing systems, imaging systems, basically these guys
are concerned with anything to do with light. they have a fairly amazing
collection of links to Optics and Photonics
Organizations on the WWW.
- Synthetic Organic Chemical
Manufacturers' Association. " Catalyst for Constructive
- Go to the Science MetaIndex Page.
- Go to the Business MetaIndex Page.
- Visit the Earth Operations Central District Office.
Try a Glimpse HTTP Search
(searches HTML content).
- Go back to the main EarthOps Homepage.